Starting on June 1st, 2021 Urgent Pet Care in Papillion and Omaha, Nebraska will begin a phased reopening of our clients. While COVID-19 is still a concern for all of us, we do understand that the local cases are on the decline at this time and the COVID-19 vaccinations are now widely available to all, so we have made the decision to slowly start allowing clients back into the building for their pet’s exam. We will still have strict safety precautions in place, and we respectfully ask for your patience and cooperation. We want to continue to provide the best medical care for our patients, while also keeping our team members and clients as safe as possible, and maintaining the ability to keep our business open to serve our community.
MASKS WILL STILL BE REQUIRED. Due to the limited space inside our lobby and in our small exam rooms, all clients are required to wear a face mask that covers their mouth and nose at all times while inside the building. Your mask must be on before entering the building, and must remain on the entire time you are inside the building, with NO EXCEPTIONS. This applies to all clients, including those who are fully vaccinated. If you do not want to wear a mask, we will require that you do a “curbside” appointment at this time.
Listed below are the details on the precautions and procedures that you can expect while visiting our facilities at this time. This will help us to reopen safely and successfully. If you have any questions about these protocols, please feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone at our Papillion Clinic at 402-597-2911 or our Millard Clinic at 402-991-9444.
- At this time, we will still be trying to set up appointment times as much as possible unless your pet is truly in critical condition, which will be determined by the Doctor.
- We will still be utilizing our text messaging system to give you instructions and to fill out our check-in form prior to arriving in our parking lot. (Please have your phone available in our parking lot.)
- Wait times may continue to be long due to the flow of emergencies. Emergencies will come first, appointments will be second, and all walk ins will be last or scheduled for a later time if your pet is not critical at the time of your arrival.
- We will be allowing only 2 adults, over the age of 19, into the building to accompany their pet during the exam only. At least one of these adults will need to be responsible for making medical and financial decisions for the pet, and must be able to provide all relevant history and information for the pet being seen. If the person does not have this information or authorization, we will ask that we do a “curbside” appointment with an adult that does have this information and authorization.
- Please bring your own masks or other appropriate face-coverings. You will be required to wear these at all times while inside the building. This will include entering and exiting the building, inside the exam rooms, using the bathrooms, while paying at the front desk, and when passing through our lobby.
- Please call us when you arrive in the parking lot to check in for your appointment. We will ask that you remain inside your vehicle until we have an exam room ready for you to go directly into upon coming into the building.
- When we have a room available for you, we will call or text you on the phone number that you provided for us (please keep your phone free!), we will then ask you to meet us at the front doors so we can escort you to the available room. The 2 adults must remain inside the exam room until they are escorted to either the front desk or back out to your car. If you would still prefer to do a “curbside” appointment, you can remain inside your car and we would be happy to accommodate you. Please let us know on your check-in form if you would like to do a “curbside” appointment so we can make those accommodations for you and your family.
- If you must use the restroom while you are inside the building, we ask that you ask a receptionist if the restroom is available at that time. If the restroom is occupied, we will ask you to wait inside your exam room and a receptionist will come get you once the restroom is available again.
- Once the exam is completed, you will be escorted to the front desk to pay or we will ask that you return back to your vehicle to await further instructions until your pet is ready to be discharged.
We understand that having an emergency with your pet can be stressful and unexpected. We want to reassure you that we are working as fast as possible to see your pet in a timely manner. If you have any questions or concerns about any of the following protocols, please call us at our Papillion Clinic at 402-597-2911 and our Millard Clinic at 402-991-9444.